[hackathon] One week left to the first D Hackathon!

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 18 14:19:34 PDT 2015

On 4/18/15 10:21 AM, kevin wrote:
> Sounds exciting! as an aforementioned complete n00b, what can I do to
> prepare for the hackathon other than staring at the source code? I'm
> mostly interested in contributing for Phobos but I have never used D for
> any big projects before.

Thanks for asking. Two things I can think of: (1) get your
edit-build-unittest rig in good shape (e.g. do you know how to unittest
only one module without unittesting anything else? it doubles your
turnaround speed!), (2) think of a few good action items e.g. by
thinking of opportunities for new code, or by browsing bugzilla.

Andrei