druntime unit test failures on FreeBSD

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 19 00:36:04 PDT 2015

I am consistently seeing this when I try and run druntime's unit tests on
FreeBSD for either 2.067 or master:

0.000s PASS release64 object
0.000s PASS release64 core.atomic
0.008s PASS release64 core.bitop
0.000s PASS release64 core.checkedint
0.000s PASS release64 core.demangle
0.000s PASS release64 core.exception
0.000s PASS release64 core.math
0.000s PASS release64 core.memory
posix.mak:230: recipe for target 'obj/64/core/thread' failed
gmake: *** [obj/64/core/thread] Illegal instruction
gmake: *** Deleting file 'obj/64/core/thread'

2.066 works fine, so I assume that something was introduced since then, but
clearly the autotesters are working for FreeBSD, so I have to wonder whether
I have an environmental problem with my machine or whether I've just done
something differently from the autotesters and am hitting a problem in
either the compiler or in druntime that's a general problem that the
autotester doesn't hit for whatever reason.

I'm running the latest 64-bit PC-BSD. I have no idea what the autotesters
are running.

Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

- Jonathan M Davis