Request for testers: GDC-5.1 Release Candidate branched

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 19 09:36:41 PDT 2015

On 19 April 2015 at 13:52, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org> wrote:
> On 19 April 2015 at 13:50, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org> wrote:
>> On 19 April 2015 at 09:13, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Last feature I am working on getting in is runtime exception chaining
>>> support.  If anyone has any grand ideas, they'd be more than welcome.
>>>

>> First attempt:
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/compare/master...ibuclaw:eh_chaining
>>
>> Can someone have a review?  In particular, I'd like to know when and
>> when not to chain Exception and/or Error objects together.
>>

> For instance, if a new exception is thrown inside a catch handler,
> what then?  If a caught exception is thrown, what then?

Ah ha!  After some pretty intense studying, looks like libunwind gives
enough information for us to distinguosh which thrown objects should
be stringed together.

All what I think is needed is for gdc to emit some __begin_catch call
which builds and returns the constructed Exception object to be passed
to user-land.

Regards
Iain.