64bit linking on Windows without Visual Studio

Jeremiah DeHaan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 19 21:05:19 PDT 2015

Hey all,

While browsing the other day I stumbled across a linker called
polink (part of the Pelles C suite). After only a few tries I got
a working 64bit Hello World executable to be produced using it.
The terms of service is incredibly permissive, and it looks like
we can use it how ever we want (though this would need
confirmation). I'm wondering if this could be a possible
replacement for needing to install Visual Studio along side the D
compiler.

Thoughts?