D vs nim

Parke via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 20 13:05:59 PDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:21 AM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> I like the Nim concept and approach, but there is an annoying attitude
> towards certain types of obvious bug. My current bugbear (!) is that
> the installer will not install, due to what seems like a blindingly
> obvious problem, but they will not fix the issue because "just use it
> in place". Grr…

Nim includes an install.sh script.  It worked for me.

According to the Nim docs ( http://nim-lang.org/download.html ) "There
are other ways to install Nim (like using the install.sh script), but
these tend to cause more problems."  I am not sure what these
unspecified problems are.  I used Nim only briefly, so perhaps there
problems are lurking and I just did not encounter them.

-Parke