druntime unit test failures on FreeBSD

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 20 22:44:32 PDT 2015

On Monday, April 20, 2015 22:33:00 Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 4/20/2015 10:24 PM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >
> > No idea whether that's related or not. But regardless, that does narrow down
> > the problem some. Still, given how consistent it is on my box (I've _never_
> > seen it succeed on 2.067 or master), I really have to wonder what the
> > difference betwen my box and the autotesters are.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> The biggest difference is likely that the auto-testers are running
> freebsd 8.x (whatever's most recent (a relative term), either 3 or 4).

Ah. That's quite a bit older, since the latest FreeBSD is 10.1. So, that
probably explains it and likely means that the problem has nothing to do
with my local setup and more to do with changes in FreeBSD since 8 - though
since dmd/druntime 2.066 didn't have the problem, either our code changed in
a way that broke on newer FreeBSD systems, or we got a new test that just
happens to expose an existing bug. I'll probably have to find time to at
least narrow down the problem, and maybe I'll get lucky and actually know
enough about the problem code to fix it, though I question that, given where
it seems like the problem is. :|

- Jonathan M Davis