SDC needs you -- redux

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 22 19:00:06 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 22 April 2015 at 22:44:02 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> I could offer to work on dub and travis-ci integration, but
> there doesn't even seem to exists a cmdline interface?

What do you mean by this ?

> bin/sdc --help
> HELP !
> core.exception.RangeError at sdc/src/sdc/main.d(51): Range
> violation

The command line argument handling is, indeed, not the best you
can have. I never really focused on that. That is a easy way to
contribute some improvement.

> Also some of the TODO items really look very feasible.
> https://github.com/deadalnix/SDC/issues/125
>
> What I'd like to see though, is a prioritized list of stuff
> that needs
> to be done to reach a working D style hello world.

D style hello world is HUGE. writeln need half of the world to
work to spit out anything :)

I guess the main non trivial thing SDC can compile at this point
is its own runtime. Pain point have been the lack of "return;"
and variosu other things in the list.

> And at some point you need to get rid of stack traces of the
> compiler on
> compile errors.

Yes, It is also needed to stop dumping the LLVM IR on the
standard output. But at this stage, it just make the dev much
easier.