code.dlang community transfer repository

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 23 08:43:42 PDT 2015

Dub provides an easy way to utilizes 3rd party libraries, github
provides an easy way to revive a project no longer being
maintained by the author. Can we come up with a solution within
code.dlang to take advantage of this?

While I'd prefer if the project owner would proved commit rights
to their contributors (or subset of such). This doesn't usually
happen, and you can't always get into contact with them.

My example is dini[1]. There is a pull request to get it working
with 2.067, it hasn't been merged in the last 29 days with latest
modifications being from January.

In order to keep the projects in code.dlang.org relevant, I think
it is important that we provide a way to have the primary project
change hands, rather than require the fork be placed on to
code.dlang.org too[2].

1. https://github.com/robik/DIni/pulls
2. http://code.dlang.org/packages/tharsis-dimgui