Space Cadet Keyboard (was Re: SDC needs you -- redux)

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 23 09:38:08 PDT 2015

"John Colvin" <john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, 22 April 2015 at 16:27:59 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 22 April 2015 at 15:44:03 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
>>>
>>> Super and Hyper keys
>>>
>> A veteran of the Lisp machines!  I've been hoping for someone to
>> manufacture a modern keyboard with these for about a decade now.
>> (Well, I'm pretty sure the "Windows" key you see frequently on
>> terrible mushy keyboards is Super in a bad costume, but none of my
>> keyboards have it.)
>>
>> -Wyatt
>
> Most keyboards have some kind of "Windows" key, on macs it's called
> "cmd". You can use that key for whatever you want, surely?

Yes, I do bind the mac command key in emacs for some stuff. Actually mac
rows of keys: [fn] [ctrl] [opt] [cmd] is like the Symbolics so it is
fine.  Ordering is different though.  Every new keyboard is like playing
a piano with the keys rearranged.  But I adapt.  Slowly.

BTW, I found this [1].  I know, really off topic, but interesting for
Lisp Machine veterans.  Remember how you could recompile a function in
the operating system while it is running?

[1] http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/recreating-the-lisp-keyboard-t497.html