C++/C mangleof inconsistency for OS X

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 23 10:27:46 PDT 2015

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> writes:

> Because of this, debugging in OSX is not as good as it could be (if
> you use DMD).  All debuggers I've seen remove the leading '_' from
> symbols before they begin demangling symbols.

And I noticed __cxa_demangle() is defined that way. Target specific
prefix must be removed for it to work.

I'd like to get debugging working better on OS X. I saw posts where you
improved GDB for D. I am going to try it out. Even though OS X has
switched to lldb, gdb is what I know, and what Emacs knows too. Working
on OS X debugging may help with understanding how D should deal with
target specific underscores.