SDC needs you -- redux

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 23 10:40:08 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 23 April 2015 at 06:32:39 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-04-23 04:00, deadalnix wrote:
>
>> D style hello world is HUGE. writeln need half of the world to
>> work to
>> spit out anything :)
>
> What about "Hello World" with "printf" instead?

We can do this already :)

>> Yes, It is also needed to stop dumping the LLVM IR on the
>> standard
>> output. But at this stage, it just make the dev much easier.
>
> Hide it with a --verbose flag or similar.

There are plenty of low hanging fruit. Short version is: there is
more to do than I have time to do. So I'm focusing on difficult
problems (Right now, GC and getting a serie of patch into LLVM to
handle aggregate handling). The end result is that these kind of
small changes do not get implemented.

This kind of thing is probably easy to implement and a good pick
for a newcomer.