code.dlang community transfer repository

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 23 10:57:41 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 23 April 2015 at 16:00:31 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Not perfect, but I don't think there really is anything we can
> do about no-longer-maintained projects. It's not fair to the
> author that they can have their project taken over and
> published with their name. At least we can have a way to avoid
> displaying projects that are broken.
>
> -Steve

Github already allows this, it also makes sure modifications are
correctly authored (at least with the author specified in the
commit, which can easily be faked). It think it is completely
fair, the author published their source for others to use and
modify, if someone else can pick up that maintenance fairly
easily then they have achieved their goal, otherwise it will die
with their loss of interest.