Performance of map!()

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 24 04:54:53 PDT 2015

On Friday, 24 April 2015 at 11:49:24 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Friday, 24 April 2015 at 11:38:46 UTC, Casper Færgemand
> wrote:
>>> dmd v2.067.0
>>>
>>> dub --build=release (-release -inline -O -boundscheck=off)
>>
>> Does a benchmark of dmd generated code really matter?
>
> At least for dmd.

dmd is good at making machine code fast, not making fast machine
code. It's not that I mind effort is put into dmd, it's just that
if the code change doesn't improve the output of gdc and ldc,
then code compiled with their better optimizers won't ever feel
the change.

Can you post the full benchmark?