A valid code that won't run?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 24 13:36:03 PDT 2015

On Friday, 24 April 2015 at 20:27:28 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> If pragma(lib, "libcurl"); doesn't work normally, then we
> should remove std.net.curl, and put it in dub.

It was a historical mistake, discussed many time over and over.
Yes, it shouldn't be in Phobos. No, we can't remove it now that
easily.

As for pragma(lib) - it can never work "normally". Linking
3d-party libraries is very platform-specific task that causes
great deal of complexity in build systems. It can't be replaced
by a single trivial compiler pragma. There is a reason nothing
but Windows build of DMD supports it.