Range of chars (narrow string ranges)

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 24 15:29:01 PDT 2015

On Friday, 24 April 2015 at 20:44:34 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> [snip]
> I'm afraid we are stuck with autodecoding, as taking it out may
> be far too disruptive.

No!

> But all is not lost. The Phobos algorithms can all be fixed to
> not care about autodecoding. The changes I've made to
> std.string all reflect that.

Yay!

I haven't really followed the autodecoding conversations. The
problem is that front on char ranges decode, right? Is there
quick way to tell which functions are auto decoding so we can
have a list of candidates for replacement? It'd be good for
hackweek.

I'm reminded of this conversation
http://forum.dlang.org/post/xgnurdjcqiyatpvnwznd@forum.dlang.org
which contains a partial list of candidates. Following your lead
with implementing these lazy versions (without autodecoding)
would be good hackweek projects.

Finally, there is this http://goo.gl/Wmotu4 list from
http://forum.dlang.org/post/lvmydbvjivsvmwtimobs@forum.dlang.org
that has some good candidates for hackweek I think.

Are we collecting hackweek ideas anywhere?