Updating ddoc to support modern HTML tags

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 25 19:58:20 PDT 2015

On 4/25/15 5:41 PM, Stewart Gordon wrote:
> But last time I knew, the default Ddoc template as a whole was generally
> incapable of producing logically structured HTML output, never mind
> which tags are used.  I ended up redefining a number of the macros in my
> custom Ddoc template to get around this.

Make this a hackathon project! We've improved the default ddoc template
(and others) a fair bit over time.

> Even then, I wasn't able to do
> it perfectly.  Has anybody tried to use Ddoc to generate (for example)
> LaTeX, RTF, XML or JSON output, for that matter?

LaTeX is there. I also wrote "text only" and "verbatim" ddoc files,
they're all there in the distribution. There are a few issues with JSON
that could be easily fixed but seems like a low impact issue.

Andrei