ARM Cortex-M Microcontroller startup files

Mike via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 26 16:56:29 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 26 April 2015 at 18:23:47 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:

> The wiki says to disable multilib
> (http://wiki.dlang.org/Bare_Metal_ARM_Cortex-M_GDC_Cross_Compiler#Build_GCC),
> what's the problem? Maybe ask Iain/Johannes if it's GDC
> specific.

When I first started working with GDC, I had a hell of a time
getting the cross-compiler to build.  I disabled multilib simply
to remove a variable.  Since I was able to eventually get what I
needed with that configuration, I left it as is.  In summary, the
choice to disable multilib was rather arbitrary.

I'm not currently working on this, and I don't have the hardware
to properly test it.

Timo also asked about this a while ago, but it didn't elicit much
discussion
(http://forum.dlang.org/post/uwkshliqwbmmxdfiuaow@forum.dlang.org).
  I'm not knowledgable enough about it, so I wasn't able to offer
any help.

Mike