Cleaned up C++

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 27 00:45:29 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 26 April 2015 at 19:13:33 UTC, ponce wrote:
> On Sunday, 26 April 2015 at 14:28:11 UTC, Baz wrote:

>>> excellent.
>>>
>>> I linked it here: http://wiki.dlang.org/Coming_From
>>
>> Luke 4:24 "nobody is prophet in his own country"
>>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/33x6lj/how_does_d_improve_on_c17/
>
> Lesson taken: should have put a less aggressive title.

Not necessarily.  The people who complain loudly constitute a
tiny subset of those who are ultimately influenced.  One can't
walk through life in fear of criticism, and if you believe D is
superior in this respect and backed it up (which it seemed to me
you did), then I think it's more effective to say so and prepare
for the inevitable brickbats than to placate those who will
always find a reason to attack you ;)

In any case, some really good stuff in your idioms.  Maybe worth
turning into a longer blog piece that recounts in a personal
voice your experience of using D as a C++ guy.