ARM Cortex-M Microcontroller startup files

Timo Sintonen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 27 09:08:33 PDT 2015

On Monday, 27 April 2015 at 07:34:52 UTC, Mike wrote:

> The toolchain at https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded doesn't
> require this modification, so I'm wondering if there's another
> way.  My understanding is that this is unlreated to GDC itself,
> so we should be able to follow essentially the same procedure
> as the embedded C/C++ toolchains, right?
>
> They have their build scripts included in their source package,
> so I spent a little time analyzing their build scripts today,
> and I see they are using the following config option:
>
> "--with-multilib-list=armv6-m,armv7-m,armv7e-m,cortex-m7,armv7-r"
>
> I'm wondering if that alone will do it.  I guess I'll give it a
> try later and let you all know what I find.
>
> Mike

They have not touched t-arm-elf. Instead they have created
t-aprofile where they have recipes for a huge collection of
libraries. They also have used the exclusive method and only a
real guru can understand what this file is doing. I think there
will be more than 10 different libraries built.

Somewhere in configure options they have put an option that tells
configure to use this file instead of t-arm-elf.