Quit running foreign unittests >_<

Ivan Kazmenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 27 09:10:27 PDT 2015

> To me, the proposed version(PhobosUnitTests) hack looks good
> for the particular case.  But I don't see whether such trick
> scales well for the whole ecosystem of libraries.

Another approach that might work specifically for containers is
to pass as an additional template parameter whether the
particular RedBlackTree must continuously check its integrity or
not.  That way, the parameter can be explicitly set to "doCheck"
from the unittest instantiations, default to "doNotCheck" for
other code, and be enabled on a case-by-case basis when debugging.

Again, I don't see whether it fits the larger picture, but still
think it's worth to consider.

Ivan Kazmenko.