Cannot build dmd due to sc.ini issue

Andre Tampubolon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 27 19:26:56 PDT 2015

I decided to wipe my dmd directory (too messy), and replaced it with the
latest one
(http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2.x/2.067.1/dmd.2.067.1.windows.zip).

After that, I adjusted the bin directory, and sc.ini as well:;
environment for both 32/64 bit
[Environment]
DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\src\phobos" "-I%@P%\..\src\druntime\import"

FYI, my dmd root directory is C:\dmd.

All of my D code examples can be compiled successfully. No problem so far.

Now the problem is compiling the D compiler itself.
Running "make -f win32.mak release" gives:
make -fwin32.mak C=backend TK=tk ROOT=root HOST_DC="dmd" reldmd
make -fwin32.mak C=backend TK=tk ROOT=root HOST_DC="dmd" "OPT=-o"
"DEBUG=" "DDEBUG=" "DOPT=-inline -O" "LFLAGS=-L/delexe/la" dmd.exe
dmd -run idgen
Error: cannot find source code for runtime library file 'object.d'
       dmd might not be correctly installed. Run 'dmd -man' for
installation instructions.
       config file:
C:\Users\CSL-NB-064\Downloads\Software\d-lang\d-git\dmd\src\sc.ini
Specify path to file 'object.d' with -I switch

Indeed there's no sc.ini on that directory. But there's one in
C:\dmd\bin. Why can't dmd find that file?