ARM Cortex-M Microcontroller startup files

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 28 05:05:34 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 02:18:29 UTC, Mike wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 02:12:11 UTC, Jens Bauer wrote:
>>
>> You don't have to wait for an Arch Linux release of GCC 5.1,
>
> I always thought we needed to build our cross-compilers with
> the same version as the host in order to have confidence in the
> build.

I've never used anything later than GCC-4.2 to build GCC 3.x.x
... 4.9.2
-So you can absolutely use this or anything later to build your
toolchain. :)
There's no real difference in building a cross toolchain and
building a native toolchain (except from some things acts up, but
it'll do that with any compiler version anyway).