D audio playing and analysis library?

ponce via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 28 08:00:16 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 11:18:14 UTC, Gan wrote:
> I found this: https://github.com/p0nce/dplug
>
> Which seems to be a good analysis library but I haven't found a
> library to play sounds.
> Is there one?

SDL2 can through DerelictSDL2 (use the mixer extension for easier
playback).
D-SFML can probably too.

Out of Topic: we need what ae.utils.graphics does for images, but
for sound! A good abstraction for audio data and processors would
be welcome.
Vanilla ranges do not cut it since it would need the additional
concept of:

- clearing the state (setting delaylines to 0)
- separate channels that can be stored interleaved or not.
Samples would be indexed by time and channel index. I feel like
samplerate can be left out of the equation, it will almost always
be a runtime value.