Quit running foreign unittests >_<

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 28 15:46:59 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 20:57:01 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
> Then how do you propose to approach the containers problem?
>
> On one hand, a unittest on containers themselves involves
> testing the container for integrity after each operation.
>
> On the other hand, a unittest on another module may involve
> heavy use of containers (say, N operations with a container),
> and if integrity checks are enabled at this time, it totals to
> N^2 trivial operations which may not be feasible.

If it is that slow I tend to put such tests outside of the tested
symbol so that it won't be repeated over and over again for
templates. There is still full access to private symbols so it is
always possible. Though that is very exceptional case reserved
only for most critical cases (everything below 30-60 seconds
total is ok to me)