Range of chars (narrow string ranges)

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 28 16:57:58 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 23:26:14 UTC, Damian wrote:
> I second that! If we all make the switch, perhaps Walter will
> too? :D

Walter isn't necessarily the one we have to convince in this
case. He'll be very concerned about avoiding breaking existing
code, so we'd need a solid transition plan, but he very much
wants to get rid of autodecoding, so he'll welcome it if we can
do it cleanly. The bigger problem is convincing Andrei, since he
seems to think that even discussing the issue is a waste of time
and takes away from more important topics. And I don't dispute
that there are other important topics, and coming back to this
one over and over again is arguably a problem, but if we can just
figure out how to make the transition and get it over with, then
it wouldn't need to keep getting discussed like this.

- Jonathan M Davis