ARM Cortex-M Microcontroller startup files

Mike via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 28 20:11:02 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 12:13:38 UTC, Jens Bauer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 04:05:15 UTC, Mike wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 00:34:42 UTC, Mike wrote:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> If you suspect it might work for GCC 4.9.2, I'll give it a
>>> try.
>>
>> I tested this script generating an arm-none-eabil 4.9.2
>> cross-compiler with a 4.9.2 host.  My build script is here:
>> https://github.com/JinShil/arm-none-eabi-gdc
>
> What ? -Are gmp, mpc and mpfr not required anymore ?

I don't see why they should be required for this use case.  I'm
building a cross-compiler that will run on my Linux 64-bit host.
Since I already have a native compiler for my host, I already
have those libraries.  Therefore, I just need to build the
cross-compiler and link it to those libraries (At least, that's
how I understand it).  If I were to build a canadian
cross-compiler, that would be different.

Mike