Quit running foreign unittests >_<

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 28 21:53:45 PDT 2015

On 4/28/15 7:04 PM, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 21:28:09 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> I think by default, nobody wants to test already-tested code in their
>> application. That's not the point of unit tests.
>
> How many more times should I repeat that I am exactly that nobody?

OK, sorry. nodbody-1 :)

> I do want do test everything as part of my app tests, including all
> possible dependencies, transitively. This is awesome default. With a
> simple `rdmd -main -unittest` call I can ensure that certain app/module
> works correctly without having to trust maintainers of dependencies to
> run tests regularly and without even knowing what those dependencies
> are. It is beautiful in its simplicity which makes it good default.

or rdmd -main -unittest -> fail to build because the templated unit test
doesn't work on your code. Good luck with that.

Again, there are so many reasons I should not have to worry about unit
tests in my library being run with your code. That's on you. I didn't
write it for your code to run, if you want to run it, run my unit test
script.

-Steve