Quit running foreign unittests >_<

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 29 00:44:16 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 16:40:05 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Those are two points I fundamentally disagree with. It doesn't
> matter where the code comes from - in the end only thing that
> matters is correctness of your application as a whole.

3rd party libraries are supposed to be tested already, if you
want to test it, you should go and properly run its test suite.
Whatever template unittests you accidentally instantiated in your
code mean nothing with respect to overall correctness.

> And if tests are written in a weird way that they can only be
> ran within that library test step, those are not really
> unittests.

The library can be tested only when it's compiled in unittest
mode as a whole. When you link with its release version its
unittests are not even compiled at all.