The amazing template which does nothing

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 29 05:39:52 PDT 2015

On 29 April 2015 at 14:07, Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 April 2015 at 07:00:15 UTC, John Colvin wrote:

>>> d.godbolt.com is dead, use asm.dlang.org
>>

>> d.godbolt.org (note .org not .com) works fine and will be updated to the
>> latest GDC shortly. asm.dlang.org only has DMD.
>

> Ah, my bad! I know Iain was involved so I thought it had GDC as well :)

DMD and GDC don't generate compatible outputs, so it's not that
straightforward to have both together. ;-)

d.godbolt.org is better than asm.dlang.org because GDC emits assembly,
you have more information to play around with (and syntax highlighting
works thanks to .file and .loc assembler directives).

asm.dlang.org is a basterdised version that removes all features
because DMD emits object code, and there is no useful information you
can pull from objdump.

It is nice that you can test the latest daily on asm.dlang.org though...

Iain.