Quit running foreign unittests >_<

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 29 08:00:50 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 29 April 2015 at 14:10:32 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 April 2015 at 11:46:57 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> Which is exactly why "all source builds with same flags" is
>> the only reasonable compilation model for D.
>
> If you compile all libraries in unittest mode, you get full set
> of unit tests from those libraries and the proposed change
> doesn't affect you in the least, it only affects linking with a
> library compiled in release mode.

The core of Nick proposal (and what he does in his own libraries)
is to not compile tests of dependnecies even when those are all
compiled at once in -unittest mode. He uses
`version(MyLibUnittest)` to disable all those completely and to
run all tests you need to provide full set of such version flags
for each dependency (transitively). This is what affects me and
what I don't see implemented as a default.

(P.S. release and -unittest are not exclusive in D, I presume you
have meant "release non-test mode" :P)