if(arr) now a warning

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 30 08:08:05 PDT 2015

On 4/30/15 4:46 AM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> "Vladimir Panteleev"  wrote in message
> news:ajrysqkjmlqjlmkipboz at forum.dlang.org...
>
>> On Wednesday, 29 April 2015 at 19:15:46 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>> wrote:
>> > but std.allocator is definitely not your average code
>>
>> OK, I'm tired of hearing this argument.
>
> It's valid though.

I think we need to stop here. I'll make the PR today for reverting this
language change. We can't handle D like a semester science project,
because for as long as we do we won't have credibility.

This trickle of teeny-bit breaking changes for the sake of touted
benefits must stop.

In the future please do not make breaking changes without my and
Walter's approval.

Thanks,

Andrei