D for Android

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 3 11:29:46 PDT 2015

On Monday, 3 August 2015 at 12:46:51 UTC, Elvis Zhou wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 19:38:12 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> On Monday, 25 May 2015 at 20:08:48 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Some good news, I've made progress on the port to Android/ARM,
>> using ldc's 2.067 branch.  Currently, all 46 modules in
>> druntime and 85 of 88 modules in phobos pass their tests (I
>> had to comment out a few tests across four modules) when run
>> on the command-line.  There is a GC issue that causes 2-3
>> other modules to hang only when the tests are run as part of
>> an Android app/apk, ie a D shared library that's invoked by
>> the Java runtime.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Would those patches for ldc/druntime/phobos be applied & merged
> into LDC eventually?

For the ones I wrote which have not been upstreamed already, yes,
I'll submit PRs once I get them cleaned up.  For example, I'd
like to devise a way not to use dl_iterate_phdr to load
pre-initialized data, so that Android versions older than 5.0 can
run D too.  I need to look into employing the same bracketed
sections approach that dmd uses.