std.data.json formal review

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 3 14:15:25 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 28 July 2015 at 14:07:19 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> Start of the two week process, folks.
>
> Code: https://github.com/s-ludwig/std_data_json
> Docs: http://s-ludwig.github.io/std_data_json/
>
> Atila

Looked in the doc (
http://s-ludwig.github.io/std_data_json/stdx/data/json/value/JSONValue.html ). I wanted to know how JSONValue can be manipulated. That is not very explicit.

First, it doesn't looks like the value can embed null as a value.
null is a valid json value.

Secondly, it seems that it accept bigint. As per JSON spec, the
only kind of numeric value you can have in there is a num, which
doesn't even make the difference between floating point and
integer (!) and with 53 bits of precision. By having double and
long in there, we are already way over spec, so I'm not sure why
we'd want to put bigint in there.

Finally, I'd love to see that JSONValue to exhibit a similar API
than jsvar.