D for project in computational chemistry

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 6 02:45:01 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 6 August 2015 at 08:11:49 UTC, Gerald Jansen wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5 August 2015 at 18:49:21 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>
>> Yes. The question is whether we can put together a group of
>> developers to build the infrastructure, which is a lot more
>> than just code. That means, in particular, good documentation
>> and using it for our own projects.
>
> Right on! I would be willing to help with documentation if
> there were a concerted effort in this direction. There have
> been a number of failed individual efforts over the years. So
> how can a group effort be promoted?
>
> Is the Dscience github project an adequate platform? How can
> other people get involved? Is a dedicated discussion group
> needed? Can we develop a plan of some sort rather than just a
> scatter of individual efforts?

Yes, come join https://github.com/DlangScience. Ilya and I have a
plan of sorts, but it needs formally writing down. For now we
have been using a private Gitter room for discussion, which has
been OK for now but likely won't scale.

Anyone serious about getting involved, drop a message here:
https://gitter.im/DlangScience/public and we can start to build a
picture of what expertise we have and what we're missing.

A proper public forum could be great, but I don't personally have
time to set up something like that at the moment.