Rant after trying Rust a bit

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 6 07:14:29 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 6 August 2015 at 13:27:34 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> I can actually type ≠ and ≤ more quickly than != or <= in my
> editor.

Wow. The only way that I'd know how to get those characters would
be to copy-paste them from somewhere. I'm sure that there's a far
easier way to generate them, but if a symbol isn't actually on my
keyboard, I wouldn't have a clue how to type it, and I would have
thought that support for typing it would be editor-specific. In
general, I would have expected it to be a total disaster if a
language used any non-ASCII characters in its syntax.

- Jonathan M Davis