dmd on ubuntu 64: how to unittest phobos with -m32?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 6 07:30:30 PDT 2015

> So I am trying to unittest phobos in its 32-bit build on a Ubuntu64
> machine. I installed these additional packages:
>
> sudo apt-get install libc6-dev-i386 libcurl3:i386
>
> When I try to unittest a phobos module, e.g.:
>
> make -f posix.mak MODEL=32 std/conv.test
>
> I get:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurl
>
> What do I need to do to link libcurl/32 properly on my 64-bit platform?
> I've searched around for a while, no avail.

Is the path were the 32bit libraries are installed in the standard
search path? Otherwise add them, I'm guessing it's /usr/lib32 or
something like that.

BTW, the :i386 packages have never worked properly for me (they ended up
uninstalling the whole GUI). I install the "ia32-libs" and
"gcc-multilib" packages.

--
/Jacob Carlborg