dmd on ubuntu 64: how to unittest phobos with -m32?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 6 09:09:37 PDT 2015

On 8/6/15 10:37 AM, rsw0x wrote:
> On Thursday, 6 August 2015 at 14:18:09 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> So I am trying to unittest phobos in its 32-bit build on a Ubuntu64
>> machine. I installed these additional packages:
>>
>> sudo apt-get install libc6-dev-i386 libcurl3:i386
>>
>> When I try to unittest a phobos module, e.g.:
>>
>> make -f posix.mak MODEL=32 std/conv.test
>>
>> I get:
>>
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurl
>>
>> What do I need to do to link libcurl/32 properly on my 64-bit
>> platform? I've searched around for a while, no avail.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andrei
>
> do you have gcc-multilib and g++multilib? It probably includes some
> necessary libraries for 32 bit compilation.

Yes to the first. Just installed the second as well.

In the meantime I figured I need this:

sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev:i386

However, when I tried to install it, I got:

dpkg: error processing archive
/var/cache/apt/archives/libcurl4-openssl-dev_7.37.1-1ubuntu3.4_i386.deb
(--unpack):
  trying to overwrite shared '/usr/bin/curl-config', which is different
from other instances of package libcurl4-openssl-dev:i386

Does this mean libcurl cannot have both 32- and 64-bit builds installed
on the same machine?

Andrei