D for Game Development

rsw0x via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 8 22:18:31 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 9 August 2015 at 02:41:00 UTC, Manu wrote:

This pretty much hit the nail on the head on why dmd needs
deprecated.

I'm tired of seeing 'BUT IT WORKS ON WINDOWS' as an excuse. I
don't care if it works on windows, it produces code slower than
interpreted lua. Exactly what use is that? It may as well not
work on windows at all as far as release builds are concerned.

dmd not being deprecated continues the cycle of gdc/ldc lagging
versions behind and being understaffed in manpower.