D for Game Development

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 9 05:27:17 PDT 2015

On 9 August 2015 at 20:04, Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 09-Aug-2015 12:33, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> On 9 August 2015 at 13:34, Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d
>> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 9/08/2015 2:40 p.m., Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>>>

> [snip]
>>>
>>> Even though it is hard for you to still be here, I hope you do continue
>>> help D grow. This is a good community, we just need time before real
>>> adoption. E.g. we are only just now starting to unify projects.
>>

>> Cheers, but don't get me wrong; I've barely contributed anything of
>> value other than advocacy and little bits and pieces here and there. I
>> don't deserve any credit, I just complain about things that make it
>> impossible for me to get on with my work.
>

> std.simd though would be awesome to have ;)

Yeah, I keep coming back to it, and getting myself stuck with various
troubles making it work good. I'm perpetually unhappy with my code,
and I just need a really good block of time to get through it.
If people want to review std.color and help get that off my
short-list, I promise I'll make std.simd my top priority :P

I also haven't had need for it in my recent work, so it's not being
motivated by necessity since I haven't been game-dev-ing much.