D fund

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 9 05:52:22 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 9 August 2015 at 09:37:41 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> We do something even better, you can place bounties on specific
> issues that you're willing to pay for:

The bounty thing is pretty useless to me. The amounts don't even
cover the administrative overhead (working through all the hassle
to actually claim it takes a lot of time), and certainly aren't
enough to plan ahead on.

Without being able to reliably budget, it cannot be a replacement
for any day jobs.... which means I can't quit a job to make time
to do it.

Which means the only bugs I fix are the ones I would have fixed
anyway, regardless of the bounty. I suspect a lot of other devs
are in the same position.