D needs to focus and better the available resources

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 9 11:50:06 PDT 2015

On 09-Aug-2015 20:29, karabuta wrote:
> A lot of request are made most often about what needs to be added in D
> and what is lacking (multiple compilers, debugging tools, IDEs, GUI,
> ...). I think a lot has been done already and I suggest focus should be
> centered on making them stable. Sadly, some have even been abandoned
> after all the work that went in to them (no names).

Compiler front-end is about to freeze for a few releases accroding to:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mohrrs$1pu7$1@digitalmars.com

Library and druntime will continue development as is.

> Already contribution is not much, so I believe stabilizing what we have
> now will at least give us one thing that is reliable rather than many
> that are not much useful for production.

It happens organically as long as user base keeps growing around a
useful project. The bigger the user base the harder it is introduce
breaking changes and the more bugs are found in what's already there.

--
Dmitry Olshansky