D needs to focus and better the available resources

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 9 21:07:02 PDT 2015

On 10/08/2015 5:29 a.m., karabuta wrote:
> A lot of request are made most often about what needs to be added in D
> and what is lacking (multiple compilers, debugging tools, IDEs, GUI,
> ...). I think a lot has been done already and I suggest focus should be
> centered on making them stable. Sadly, some have even been abandoned
> after all the work that went in to them (no names).
>
> Already contribution is not much, so I believe stabilizing what we have
> now will at least give us one thing that is reliable rather than many
> that are not much useful for production.
>
> As Andrei said, people still request more features to be added to even
> C++. That game never stops.

I have two separate plans right now for how to grow D.
The first related to GUI's and game development is going very well.
Although it'll take atleast another year before you should see anything
interesting in Phobos.
The second is all about web development, should see some pretty cool
stuff this year. Especially if you watch my live stream! No seriously,
you'll see it literally in about 6-7 hours time! (I stream twice weekly)
https://www.livecoding.tv/alphaglosined/