Writing/Creating files at compile-time

lobo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 10 01:03:46 PDT 2015

On Monday, 10 August 2015 at 07:50:29 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> Ugh… please don't add more ugly features that has to be ripped
> out to bring the language to a sane state.
>
> A compiler should be able to compile all programs on a read
> only filesystem. If the language requires a filesystem to
> compile then I consider the language broken and in need of
> redesign.

While I agree with you I am curious; where would the compiler
place its artefacts and why can't "export" write to the same
place?

The way I see it files created by export would be transient
anyway, generated each time you compile.

bye,
lobo