Writing/Creating files at compile-time

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 10 02:48:11 PDT 2015

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:08:43 +1200, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

> I think you mean dlopen, dlsym and dlclose. Not full file system access
> geez.

and root privs requirement. just to complement it all.

> We are already getting so close to have a full blown CTFE implementation
> that it isn't funny.

i'm starting to think that CTFE was a big mistake. while it's ok in
languages like Forth and Scheme, it seems to suits c-like languages bad.
people feels something wrong with it, but can't exactly see what is
wrong. and the only way to fix it is to drop it.