D for Game Development

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 10 05:25:46 PDT 2015

On 10 August 2015 at 05:00, Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 09/08/15 13:38, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
>> In fact, we've been discussing for a few months that we'd have have
>> another very promising opportunity to use D at work in a really
>> appropriate context if I could rely on Android and iOS appearing
>> within 6-12 months or so.
>

> There's been quite a lot of activities lately in improving the Andriod and
> iOS support by Joakim and Dan.

Indeed, I've been watching with great interest.

I wonder how .so files to work on those platforms? I expect iOS would
leverage OSX support almost verbatim?
On Android, all binaries are .so files; but I fear there will be a
problem when a program is comprised of many .so files working
together... will that mean as many instances of phobos and druntime?