D for Game Development

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 10 08:15:50 PDT 2015

On Monday, 10 August 2015 at 14:13:53 UTC, Manu wrote:
> I really hope this is a top-priority goal for the switch to
> DDMD.

My understanding is that 2.069 is supposed to bring DDMD support.
I think there has been a lot of heated discussion about something
that really isn't that far away. Nevertheless, I think you've
made your case well about sort of merging LDC and DMD.

One big positive for DMD is that it is very easy to install on
Windows. Just about anyone can get up and running quite easily.
It doesn't require the installation of MSVC (which I can't stand)
or Min-GW at all. If DMD and LDC are sort of merged in the way
that you say, I just hope care is taken to ensure that it is easy
for people to get started with it.