DMD diagnostic - any way to remove identical lines from final dmd error log?

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 10 20:51:33 PDT 2015

On 8/13/2012 9:47 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> I seriously consider writing a simple postprocessor for dmd's output.
> Once dmd became able to recover from errors and crawl on it started to produce
> horrific amounts of redundant text on failure.

The current strategy the compiler uses on detecting a bug is it marks whatever
symbol/expression/statement caused the bug as "poisoned". Then, every dependency
on that poisoned symbol/expression/statement is also marked as "poisoned" and
error messages for them are suppressed.

This has been extremely successful at reducing cascaded, duplicated, and
nonsense error messages.

However, it is not completely implemented throughout the compiler.