D for Game Development

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 11 00:31:48 PDT 2015

On Monday, 10 August 2015 at 19:31:55 UTC, David Gileadi wrote:
> …[insert your language here] has a long way to go… :)

Yes, the real culprit is getting really good IDE support, and for
that one need to write a high quality analyzer that can provide
more information than a compiler.

As far as the language goes, I'd prefer a minimalistic core
language backed up with a normalizing and caching solver. I don't
really think fast initial compile time is all that important, if
he compiler caches intermediate results intelligently I think one
can get decent compilation speeds still.