D for Game Development

Benjamin Thaut via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 11 00:57:39 PDT 2015

On Monday, 10 August 2015 at 05:23:20 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/9/2015 9:26 PM, Tofu Ninja wrote:

>>> Should be in the bin directory.
>>>

>> There is no Phobos dll, only Phobos lib.
>
> There's linux/lib32/libphobos2.so, for example.

But that is linux. You can't say "phobos dll" because everyone
then expects dlls to work on windows, which still isn't the case.
Its correct that we have a shared library version of phobos on
linux, but a shared library version of phobos on windows is still
in the future. I'm currently working on it, but there are so many
issues with the language design, the export keyword, the module
level visibility system the unittests etc etc that its going to
take some more time. Also the front end transition from C++ to D
hits me hard also.