Nested public imports - bug or feature?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 13 09:36:59 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 13 August 2015 at 16:24:56 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>>> static import greetings=phrases.english.greetings;
>>>
>>> ?
>>
>> http://forum.dlang.org/post/szaaakmavraxatkrfpnx@forum.dlang.org
>>

> How is this relevant? Does Rust support it?

Relevant as explanation why I don't consider aliased imports a
solution.

Rust does exactly that and I feel that "bottom-qualification" is
inferior approach to "top-qualification" in general for deeply
nested package hierarchies. Of course, both are much more
hygienic than semantics D uses by default - yet if I am forced to
resort to idioms, I want to get most out of it :)